Ledbury is a market town located in Herefordshire, and is situated just south of the stunning Malvern Hills. The town has plenty to offer visitors of all ages and is a popular location for people looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Here we’ve listed a few of the top tourist attractions in Ledbury, as recommended by Trip Advisor:
- When visiting Ledbury, one of the main attractions which guests should visit during their stay, is Eastnor Castle. The castle is steeped in history and guests can enjoy perusing the state rooms inside the Castle before strolling around the deer park and the lake.
- Eastnor Castle also boasts it’s very own pottery, and visitors can come along to various clay workshops aimed at both groups and individuals. Hugely popular with children, guests can have a go at creating their own clay-based creations to take home.
- Glazydays takes pottery to the next level, as guests can glaze their own pottery pieces which the centre will then fire so they are ready for use. If you’re just visiting Ledbury for a day to two and you aren’t able to collect your finished masterpiece once it is ready, Glazydayz will simply arrange to post your item out to your home.
- For those people looking for a piece of the action, Ledbury offers a Land Rover driving experience on the grounds of Eastnor Castle. Drivers can tackle the off road tracks and experience the full capability of the Land Rover vehicles.
- Church Street within the town centre offers visitors a chance to go back in time by walking down the old cobbled streets, whilst admiring the timber buildings. The town is full of history and enthusiasts can visit the church as well as the museum before enjoying a well-deserved rest at one of the local pubs or cafes.
- Younger guests will no doubt enjoy getting muddy at the Newbridge Play Barn and Farm Park, where they can have a tractor ride, a pony ride, they can tire themselves out playing on the play area and of course, they can get up close and personal with the farm animals.
There is so much to see and do in Ledbury that it’s worth spending a long weekend or a mid-week mini-break there in order to take in all the sights. A holiday in cottage in Ledbury is the ideal form of accommodation, as guests can have the freedom to come and go as they please during their stay. Most cottages in Ledbury will feature all of the mod-cons such as washing machines and dishwashers, not to mention Wi-Fi for those guests who can’t quite switch off from everyday life.
If you are thinking of visiting the popular town and you would like to take a look at a holiday cottage in Ledbury, please do visit the Garden Cottage website to find out more.